Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Favorite Museums for Impressionistic Art!

This is some text so the next part can move down
Click on the museum name to visit their website and learn more!

Norton Simon Museum
Collections: European Art: 19th Century
Pasadena, CA
space
I grew up in the Pasadena area and have always enjoyed this museum. For a small museum, they have a great collection. They have many famous Degas paintings and the ballerina sculpture. They have new exhibits for different types of art quite often. I highly recommend this museum if you are in the area. Enjoy!

National Gallery of Art
Collection: French Painting of the 19th Century
Washington, DC
space
I currently live in the DC metropolitan area and have visited this museum several times. It is big and has many Impressionism paintings and sculptures throughout the museum. This is a great place to get lost and learn a lifetime of history and art!


The Art Institute of Chicago
Current Exhibit & Collection:
Impressionist and Post-Impressionist Collection
Chicago, IL
space
This museum recently brought back this exhibit. I have seen it personally and they have some great paintings. If you are planning a trip to Chicago, this is a museum you should go see. Like the National Gallery of Art, there is a lot to see there.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This post is beautiful. I love how you've set this up - very professional looking.

    I'm also a big fan of Impressionistic art, so I find this site particularly fantastic.

    ReplyDelete