Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Favorite Painings

My favorite Impressionist artists are: Claude Monet, Vincent van Gogh, and Edgar Degas. Below are some of my favorite paintings from each of these artists. Each artists uses color in a wonderful way and have incredible brush strokes that give life to the painting. After taking a painting class last year, I painted van Gogh's "Still Life: Vase with Twelve Sunflowers" (original below). I love the bright colors of the flowers and the thick paint gives the painting a lot of texture. I'd love to hear which Impressionism artists and/or paintings are your favorite!

Click on the picture below to find out about the painting and its artist!















Vincent van Gogh.....................................Claude Monet
Still Life: Vase with Twelve Sunflower (1888).......... Bridge Over a Pond of Water Lillies (1899)

Vincent van Gogh
The Starry Night (1889)

Edgar Degas
Ballet Rehersal (1873)

3 comments:

  1. I love Degas' rehearsal paintings! The National Gallery has the wax and wire form he used to create "Little Dancer"- it has real hair and a muslin skirt. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starry night is one of my favorites too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to Monet Prints Large selection of Canvas art, giclee and canvas prints for a cheap price. Our Art is Better than GOOD!

    ReplyDelete